Thursday, January 08, 2009

Cookbooks

I'm dubbing yesterday as, "Cookbook Day" after I received two surprise cookbooks. First, my mother-in-law sent the new Barefoot Contessa book to me in the mail and then Alison gave me a Rachel Ray cookbook. What a coincidence, huh? I love thumbing through cookbooks and even read them in bed before falling asleep. I'm also quite fond of watching the Food Network. (I love Giada but don't have any of her books.) Who are your favorite chefs and do you have any favorite cookbooks that I should check out?

3 comments:

Jeni said...

If I had good cable, I'm sure I'd love the Food Network.

I have a lot of cookbooks, but the one I use the most is my basic Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. It doesn't have anything fancy, just the basic recipes I need all the time.

Anonymous said...

Alex has started hassling me about the size of my cookbook collection. It only takes up one small bookshelf, though, so I just ignore him.

Lately I've been using the Rachael Ray "Big Orange" cookbook a lot. "Don't Panic: Dinner's on the Table" is a good one, too. That's where the salsa beef came from.

Dorian Doss MS RD LD said...

I like to collect cookbooks, but I end up not using them much. If I do a recipe, it's usually off the internet. I've only had one disaster using the internet so far-oven fried chicken, which Eddie will not let me forget. I would try something by Ellie Krieger. She's on the Food Network, and she's a dietitian, so you know it'll be healthy.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com