Saturday, January 31, 2009

Week at a glance

Little annoyances of the week:

  • My neighbor shoveling snow at 5 am and waking me up. This seems to happen frequently.
  • Walking to my office, passing electronic temperature signs reading "-11"...this also happens frequently.
  • Going to look at a cute apartment in a great neighborhood with Joe and realizing it won't work for us. Goodbye claw foot tub. Goodbye skylight.
  • When the person in the cubicle next to me hums or sings ALL. DAY. LONG.
  • Running to catch my train.
  • Running to catch my train and watching it as it pulls away from the station.
  • Losing my hat at the train station.

Highlights of the week:

  • My job and my first paycheck! Whoo hoo!
  • Finally putting money back into savings!
  • Eating Chipotle for the first time in over six months.
  • Knowing that there is a Starbucks right across the street from my office, however dangerous that might be.
  • Feeling good about abstaining from Starbucks.
  • Getting good feedback at work despite the fact that I'm still overwhelmed.
  • Really cherishing my time at home and with Joe.
  • Watching movies this weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Overall not a horrible week by any means! Glad to hear that you job is going well! Love you!

Jen said...

OMG if there was a Starbucks across from my office I would have already tried it - twice. Hee hee.

Amy said...

I don't want to mislead you. I have visited the Starbucks across from my office (more than once) and the Starbucks at the train station, too. But I still feel good when I resist the urge.

Adoption Momma said...

I bet days with the karaoke queen make your past days next to me seem sweet. :)

I'll take a latte to go. Just fax it over.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com