Sunday, March 15, 2009

Irish Parade

I had high hopes of getting downtown yesterday to watch the river turn green. But I was far too exhausted yesterday morning...in fact, most of my weekend has been spent sleeping in late and napping. But in the St. Pat's spirit, Joe and I went to the Southside Irish Parade this afternoon which is pretty close to home. I had expected bag pipes and some Irish Dancing (I mean, Michael Flatley grew up just blocks from where we live.) but I had NO IDEA exactly how many bag pipers and dancers I would see. I truly lost count of all the troupes. It was unbelievable. And I was in the majority today...redheads were EVERWHERE. Today was a prime people-watching experience. I loved it! Oh, and Joe asked me if I felt like I was in the movie The Departed. Um, yes. Yes, I did. (And I saw Mr. Food which made my day! Although I don't think anyone else was as excited as me.)





1 comments:

Rach said...

Agave is a new Mexican restaurant right infront of Vanderveen. It's pretty good and really close to us.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com