Monday, March 02, 2009

Just another manic Monday...

Everyone knows my favorite thing to do on Mondays is to watch The Bachelor. But tonight was so stressful. I seriously feel stressed out now...I made the mistake of reading a spoiler online last night. And then I re-read it again in today's newspaper. I was pretty sure it was right on - and it was.

Yes, Jason proposed to Melissa and then changed his mind and then asked the girl he rejected, six weeks later, if they could try again. I am flabbergasted. It's not that I think Molly is a bad choice or a bad fit for Jason, I just can't believe he chose to end things with Melissa on national television or propose to her in the first place. If he was so conflicted (as he kept claiming) then why even propose? My husband was rooting for Melissa all along (as was I) so he refused to watch ATFR after he knew what was going to happen. And really, it was like watching a train wreck. I know, I know, every season I say I can't watch again and then I do. But I thought Jason was different.

Last season he was my absolute favorite and I was crushed when he didn't get picked. I was so thrilled for him to be "the bachelor" this season and have loved him...until now. I just have zero respect.

So I'm dying to know what my bachelor-watching friends think...did you watch? What do you think? (Rachel, Taina and I were definitely texting last night!)

3 comments:

Rach said...

I said it once...I'll say it again...dbag! I don't care who he picks or who he ends up with, but dumping your fiance on national tv and then immediately getting with someone else isn't just "not classy"...It's selfish and uncaring and lots of other stuff!

Alison said...

I saw the interview with him on Jimmy Kimmel, and it sounded like Melissa already knew about it, but they were contractually obligated to go through that on the taping of the After Show. I think he said that he and Molly were already seeing each other at that point, but again, they had to pretend like they weren't. I may have been mistaken, bc I was only half watching it, but...

Amy said...

I've been reading Chris Harrison's blog (the host) because I'm that big of a nerd. Melissa knew things were not exactly as Jason wanted them to be but they had not broken up. And he had not been seeing Molly. The first time he saw Molly was at the taping of that show which was several weeks ago...I think six weeks before it aired. But by the time they did the second ATFR, and the first show had aired, they'd been seeing each other for several weeks. Anyway, he was definitely contractually obligated to go through the taping of that show but he did NOT have to break up with her in public. No way.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com