Sunday, March 29, 2009

Munch

Joe and I went to the Art Institute this afternoon to see the Edvard Munch exhibit. I think I had just expected to see lots of oil paintings and was surprised by how many lithographs and woodcuts he did. My friend Laura just went a couple days ago and said it was different than she expected. I think it was different than I expected, too, but I'm not really sure what I mean by that. Some of the work seemed very "Scream-like" and some seemed so vastly different. There were also lots of redheads featured in his work...maybe I'm the only one who noticed that? Anyway, like Laura, it wasn't my favorite exhibit but it was a good way to spend a cold, wet Sunday afternoon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you saw it and felt the same way I did. That makes me feel so much better. But oh my gosh, I hadn't noticed the redheads in his work! How fun! :-)

Laura

 
designed by suckmylolly.com