Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Just that kind of day

I've been suffering from back pain and muscle spasms for at least a couple weeks now. I am awakened usually at least once a night from back spasms and aches and pains and sometimes it just hurts to breathe. So I make an appointment...only I can't get in for awhile. So I wait. Patiently. Today was my appointment - finally. It is quite an ordeal compared to what I'm used to because I have to catch an earlier train, leave work, etc. I rush to my appointment, get to the door and it's locked. Finally someone comes to the door and just tells me nonchalantly, "We're closed." Um, no you're not. I have an appointment. "Oh, yeah, our doctor had an emergency and had to cancel." They claimed to not have my number but since I was a new patient I just gave them my number when I called last week along with every other piece of new patient information possible. I was beyond angry. Not only did these clowns waste my time but now I have to suffer the pain a while longer and take off work again. Argh. It's seriously just been one of those days. And, of course, they didn't understand why I just couldn't come back tomorrow. So now I wait some more...

On another note, I'm thinking about freezer meals. Maybe making something extra on the weekend to stick in the freezer and pull out at a moment's notice during the week. Does anyone do this and what do you recommend?

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh no! That's really rotten, Amy. I'm sorry you're feeling poorly.

Regarding the freezer, I have a few meals that I usually make extra of, so I can freeze some for another day. Most of them are ground-beef based. I'll try to put together a list for you.

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry! Have you tried putting heat on your back? Or ice? You can also alternate them.

About the freezer meals, here are a couple of websites that talk about that some:
http://grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com/

The GCC just posted two posts about freezer meals. They were very helpful to me.

http://onceamonthmom.com/

Once a Month Mom provides recipes and tips for an entire month-worth of freezer meals all cooked on one day, complete with a step-by-step schedule and shopping list.

Good luck!

Sandi said...

Amy, I'm so sorry you've been in so much pain. That sounds like a really rotten day and would have really upset me, too.

Here is a link for freezer cooking...
http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=128772

Also, there are a couple of cookbooks that I used in Togo and early marriage that have pretty good recipes: Make-a-Mix (don't know if you'd like the actual recipes in this one as much) and Once A Month Cooking (by Mimi somebody or other). The Once A Month Cooking is probably more like what you're looking for. Good luck!

Nichole said...

I started putting together that list, and I thought, "I think I've done this already." And I had! Here it is. I hope you're feeling better!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com