Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The results are in

I got to review my spine x-rays today and they showed a lot of neck damage. The doctor said it could only be caused by a traumatic accident. It HAD to have been caused by falling down my friend, Micah's stairs when she lived at an apartment several years ago. (The carpeting on the stairs wasn't tacked down and as I was leaving I fell and landed head first after tumbling down about 20 stairs.) If the damage is not taken care of it just gets worse...this is where herniated and bulging discs come in. The neck damage could also attribute to digestive problems (ahem). So we're working to correct the problem which is going to mean adjustments, therapy and massages for 3 times a week for the next 10-12 weeks. He said my damage is such that it could actually take longer. After 24 therapy sessions, more x-rays to see where we're at.

7 comments:

Jeni said...

Good to have some answers! Did you not get checked out after that fall down the stairs? That sounds scary!

I don't know about adjustments & therapy, but I could TOTALLY get behind massages 3x a week. :-)

Amy said...

I never had x rays but I did see a chiropractor twice afterwards and called it good.

Adoption Momma said...

Wow! Good thing you had this checked out. And what a great excuse for mandatory massages! I hope you feel better soon. It would be cool if the therapy helped with your digestive issues too.

Rach said...

When did you fall down stairs? I'm glad there is maybe an answer now...good luck!

Amy said...

The fall was a long time ago. Six years ago? Maybe more maybe less. I just don't remember any other accident that would have been as traumatic to my neck since I landed head first down the stairs! Yikes.

Barb said...

I've always been afraid of chiropractors, but I guess I haven't had good luck with surgery either. Do they say you already have herniated discs? Do you need a second opinion before they do all those adjustments and manipulations?

Sandi said...

Oh, no! Massages! Poor you.

:) Just kidding -- I hope you can get some relief from the pain. And glad that you have some answers, like Jeni.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com