Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day three - meltdown

Okay, in reality my first meltdown probably happened my first morning here but I've been doing pretty well. Today I had to make the trek to Joliet to get my car licensed. I finally got all my papers together and got in my car and typed the address into my GPS. Nothing. I sat and waited and waited but it was searching for a signal. After a LONG time of nothing I went inside to print out directions online, the old fashioned way. The paper got jammed in the printer and I was so frustrated that I couldn't help but have a minor meltdown. I finally got the printer working, wiped my tears and headed out the door only to notice that the GPS did, indeed, find a signal and was now working. Even with my miracle device, I did manage to make a wrong turn on the way home and headed down a tollway that I didn't need to be on. So $146 (licensing fees) later I am home and relatively unscathed.

The other problem is that I have managed to lose my address book. I have EVERYTHING in my address book and purposely packed it last because I was still writing thank you notes. I have unpacked every possible box that it could be in and it's nowhere to be found. Joe asked if I had all the addresses on the computer. Um, no. That would be too easy. I am a visual person. I like things that I can hold in my hand and I like to write things down. So I may be contacting everyone to ask for addresses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The old-fashioned way." Hee-hee.

Alison said...

It really can feel overwhelming when you first get here. It literally takes forever just to get down the street. And our winters can be brutal. But in time, I know you'll find yourself excited about certain aspects of it, and enjoying your favorite city with your favorite guy.

J. said...

tactile person, maybe?

 
designed by suckmylolly.com