Sunday, July 13, 2008

One week to go

Well this is it. One week from now I'll be unemployed in Chicago and unpacking. Yikes! These past five months have flown by.

Today was my last day at my church here. I've been pretty good at keeping myself together. In fact, my tears have been at a minimum this past week and already I've told several people goodbye. (Go me!) Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a "crier" and that it's something I do rather well so I'm hoping this trend continues during my last week here...hopefully I don't jinx myself. I know I will come back and visit so even though I hate goodbyes I keep trying to keep things in perspective.

I'm still obsessing over my move and whether or not I'll fit everything in my truck. The bigger truck is twice as much money so I'm taking my chances...I won't breathe easy until we are done loading it. I still have a little packing to do. Mostly clothes and linens. I'm starting to feel a little guilty about how many shoes I have. In my defense, I did take two pairs along with a car load of stuff to Goodwill which was a huge deal for me. I hate getting rid of things. I've definitely inherited that gene because it runs in my family. I notice that each time I move I'm getting less and less sentimental. But, yes, I found letters from my girlfriends dating back to college and even my leftover name cards from my high school graduation and copies of cover letters I'd written eight years ago. Sad. I did pitch a lot of things but I am still a Sentimental Sally.

Joe deserves big props for getting his house in order for me. He's been cleaning out the garage, cleaning out closets, removing an eyesore of a desk, etc. He also knows how much I love to take baths and his bath tub drain and spout doesn't really work (it works for showers) so he's getting that fixed this week. I know he's trying to make things nice for me and he's even cleaning out his entire bedroom closet to make way for me. I guess it's fair to say we both have a lot of work to do this week.

4 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so excited to have you here in Chicago!!!!! We'll do free slash cheap things until you have a job. =)

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move! I think the trucks hold more than what you think they will hold. I remember moving several times where I was just certain that things would not fit, and they did. Be careful driving! I ordered you a wedding present today because I thought you might need one more thing to unpack. : ) Love you!

Anonymous said...

If you run out of room, stash clothes and shoes in the washer and dryer before you load them in the truck. Good luck driving the big truck! ANS

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move. Hope you have a great wedding and honeymoon!!!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com