Thursday, February 15, 2007

Better with age

Today is Meagan’s 30th birthday. I don’t know when I met Meagan because I’ve always known her. We grew up in the same small town and graduated from school the same year. We were always friendly to each other but never close friends. Then she and her husband moved next door. Literally, next door. It has since been one of the biggest blessings in my life. We would smile and say the casual, “hello” between comings and goings. Then about a year ago I was at my mailbox and as Meagan walked by I spilled my guts. I was going through a terribly rough time and she was there for me. She comforted me and I have felt like we’ve been connected at the hip ever since. She’s really become one of my very best friends and I can’t imagine my life without her. So today I am celebrating Meagan’s 30th year of life. Here’s to our friendship getting even better with age.
The new brat pack: Meagan, Monica, Meggan and Kim.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, now I am crying....I love ya Ames! Your friendship was unexpected but so appreciated, thank you for making my bday so special. I also love the gals and am glad they accepted me into the fold. By the way, I look a little drunk in that first picture, I honestly was not drinking at lunch :)

Alison said...

Happy birthday, Meagan!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com