Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My fans have spoken

So everyone wants to know what I thought of the Academy Awards? Well, at least everyone who reads my blog! I loved it. I honestly thought it was one of the most entertaining ceremonies that I'd seen in recent years. (Sorry, Kate. I really did.) I thought they were doing well at cutting out long speeches, boring performances and dull hosts. In my opinion, Ellen should be invited back. I would, however, like to see more of the big awards spread throughout the show so that we don't have to sit through so many technical awards first. Dresses that I loved: Reese Witherspoon and Gwyneth Paltrow. I did not like Nichole Kidman's dress and she usually scores an A+. I think everything about Kate Winslet is just perfect. And, Helen Miren? Wow, she looks good for her age. I also grow more and more in love with Leo as the days go by. And I am so very happy that Martin Scorcese won. Good for him!! And perhaps what made me most pleased was hearing that Meryl Streep, who has been nominated 14 times, announced on the red carpet that she is also a size 14. You go, Meryl Streep.

4 comments:

Coach T said...

phew. I feel like I have gotten the closure I needed on the academy awards. now I can move on. . . :)

Unknown said...

When I said it was boring, I kind of meant that it was boring to wait until the end for all the big awards. I think spreading them out would have made it better. Just to clarify...

Also, I loved Reese Witherspoon's dress, and Helen Mirren looked classy! Anyone you didn't like? I didn't think J. Lo's hair matched her dress, and Kirsten Dunst looked pretty pasty!

A few more differences of opinion are that I have never liked Leonardo DiCaprio or Ellen Degeneres (all the way back to her sitcom days). Her sense of humor doesn't resonate with me, I guess. I didn't think she was horrible, but I didn't think she was funny either. Just my opinion...

Unknown said...

Oh, and I did mean pasty as opposed to nasty in reference to Kirsten Dunst. I wouldn't want to be accused of a typo.

Marie said...

I'm sorry you missed Penelope Cruz.
Wasn't she just perfect? I loved Reese Witherspoon's dress too. She looked as adorable as in other awards. And I was fond of Gwyneth Paltrow'S HAIR. :P

 
designed by suckmylolly.com