Tuesday, February 20, 2007

El Burro

I hung out with Dan last night. It was just your typical Monday night. We went out for Thai food and then listened to the Symphonic Wind Ensemble at the University. Okay, so it wasn't really my typical Monday night but I tried to be a good sport -- that is, until I got there. One folk song that was sung in Spanish was called El Burro. Translated the song goes like this:

The donkey that used to carry the vinegar died.
God has now taken him away from this miserable life.
He was brave and stubborn. He was the cure for all
unpleasantness. He stretched his hoof and raised his snout.
and with his stiff rear end he said goodbye to his friend the
parrot. All the neighbors went to the burial,
and Aunt Maria played the cowbell.

6 comments:

Coach T said...

RANDOM! Finally all caught up on your blog. I was completely out of touch for a week! BLOG withdrawls!!!! :) Good to be back. Let's hang out soon!

Unknown said...

I need more cowbell!! :)

BexInTheCity said...

hilarious

Unknown said...

Did you buy the CD? It sounds like a good one!

Nichole said...

I love that song so much. And I love Meagan for her comment.

Alison said...

Hilarious. You know what it reminds me of? It reminds me of the day in Spanish class where Mrs. Langwell had us singing songs in Spanish. We asked her what the song meant, and she started translating. All I remember was, "the little drunk one sits under the tree..."

 
designed by suckmylolly.com