Sunday, February 17, 2008

I like sugar and spice

In the name of Oscar, I went to see There Will Be Blood last night. I told Joe on the phone afterwards how great the acting was. It really was excellent. So did I love it? No. I just don't think I can love movies that are too sad, too painful or too violent. It's why I couldn't love Atonement or Away From Her. It's probably why I still haven't seen No Country For Old Men. I can appreciate these movies, I can love the acting and the beauty but I can't typically claim to love them all around. It's probably why Juno and Waitress remain my favorite movies from the past year. I need that happy ending. Although I felt heartache while watching both of those movies and cried during them, I also felt at peace when they were over. And happy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Art is not about happy. Happy is about happy.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com