Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tattoo this

I just read this article. And I have to say, I'm freaking out a little. I had no idea that people actually get tattoos in their eye. Oh. My. Gosh.

I've always been a little facinated with the idea of tattoos but never had the courage to go through with it. One, my skin is incredibly sensitive. I would be that one person who got ink poisioning or had some extreme reaction. Two, I fear that I would one day change my mind. And three, with my luck, my tattoo would one day be saggy or stretch-marked. Take your pick.

Anyway, my random question to you is this, if you had to get a tattoo or were going to get a tattoo, what would you get? Why? And if you already have tattoos, what do you have and are there any significant meanings? My answer to this question is that I would get a tiny black cat. Very tiny with a cute tail...I don't know why, I just love black cats. And it's kind of dark and mysterious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few weeks after we had the miscarriage, I was walking in to work and a hummingbird darted in front of me and stopped. It just hovered for a few seconds, and then it was gone. It was incredible, and it gave me a great feeling of peace during what was a very difficult time. For months afterward, I saw hummingbirds everywhere.

That was right around the time "A Ghost is Born" came out. I don't remember whether my encounter with the hummingbird was before or after I first heard "Hummingbird, but the convergence was eerie:

"Remember to remember me
Standing still in your past
Floating fast like a hummingbird."

It sounds a little goofy, I guess, but I felt like God was lining these things up for me, to let me know that He was there and everything was going to turn out okay.

And it has.

But still, whenever I see a hummingbird I think of the little guy we lost.

So. If I were to get a tattoo, it would be a very small hummingbird.

Sandi said...

Okay, so Nichole's is really special...For me, I think it would be a small daisy or a Christian symbol of some kind. I love daisies, and I think it would be a cute, feminine tattoo. We have a friend who is a doctor and had various names of God in Hebrew tattooed on his hands...it gave him many opportunities to share with others about his faith.

Rach said...

Well, you know about my tattoo, but others might not. I have an eagle on my leg with my dad's initials. My dad always wore this eagle ring. My sister had the original idea, and mom jokingly said why don't we all get them. My brother looked at me and asked if I would do it? I said yes, and we all have them.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com