Monday, February 04, 2008

A little moderation

I've recently decided to dive head first into the world of physical fitness. I wouldn't call this a New Year's Resolution considering I joined the gym in February but in the four days since I joined, I've been four times. Not too shabby, huh? Well before you go congratulating me and pinning medals on my chest, I have a confession to make. In my thirty years, I have found that whenever I am focused on exercising, I can't quite get it together with my diet and vice versa. And maybe I don't exercise when I'm going gangbusters on my diet because all I think about is food all day long...what I can eat, what I can't eat, what I wish I could eat and when do I eat again. All that thinking about food gives me little to no time to think about working out, nevermind being too lethargic from eating "right" to work out. So while I am doing great with the working out part for now, I need some help with the diet part. And maybe I just need to be proud of the small steps I'm trying to take toward a healthier life. I wish I could be one of those people who are repulsed by bad food because they are so busy becoming physically fit but I'm not there yet. Does anyone else have this problem? What do you guys do to reach your fitness goals?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I ... uh ... ummm ...

I don't generally meet my fitness goals.

But I'm very proud of you for striving toward yours!

J. P. Morrison said...

My best advice is plan ahead. Plan your meals, and always bring a snack, no matter if you think you will get hungry or not. That piece of fruit will help when you're starving and driving by a fast food joint.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com