Thursday, December 04, 2008

In the spirit

There are days where I just want to wallow in my own self pity. I hate being jobless. I hate thinking about the economy. And if I really let it, it will get the best of me. So while I seem to be trapped in my own Groundhog Day, I try my best to keep moving. So in between the job searching and other household duties, I decided today to make our home festive for the holidays.

Last year I got rid of my old artificial tree and didn't even bother with one. I vowed to buy a nice one this year. But this year there's no way we're spending money on a nice, new artificial tree so I went out to the garage today to dig out Joe's tree. I actually love it. It's vintage-looking and super cute. I also put out a few decorations and tonight I'm baking Christmas cookies. Just a few things to get into the holiday spirit. And honestly, it helps. Now if I just had a little hot coco and some Bing Crosby I'd be set.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com