Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thursday morning we made the long trip to the Puget Sound to see Joe's family. I'll have to say that being a midwestern girl it seems like you've left the country by the time you finally reach the Pacific Northwest. We got up at 4 am, left the house around 5 am and got to the airport around 6 am. We boarded our four and a half hour flight and finally arrived at SeaTac. We then took a shuttle from the airport to the ferry at Mukilteo, took a 15 minute ferry ride and finally arrived on Whidbey Island with another 40-45 minutes to Joe's Aunt Judy and Uncle Jim's house.

I'm not a big fan of all of the travel but the trip itself was great and so worth it. We had a wonderful time seeing Joe's dad and Lynn, Joe's Aunt Judy and Uncle Jim, Cousin Devin and Grandma Dorothy. We ate (too much!), enjoyed the company and scenery, played games and watched movies.

Yesterday we traveled for eleven hours before making it home. Joe and I got on the plane and we were both in a rather good mood. While we prepared for take-off we were flipping through the SkyMall magazine and ocassionally commenting on the unusual items we saw. Just after we took off the girl in front of us slammed her seat back into Joe's legs and then turned around and in the rudest possible way basically told us to shut up. I was dumbfounded. First of all, we weren't being loud. The alternative was for us to not talk at all. Second of all, we just took off. I could understand her frustration (maybe) if we were still being chatty 3 hours into the flight...but 5-10 minutes? And thirdly, if she would have waited a few more minutes before being rude to us, she would have just been able to use her iPod and the problem would have been solved. They announced you were free to use electronic devices moments later and she did. I guess my point is, I don't understand why people are so hateful and rude. If we were really bothering her she could have talked to us politely and maturely. I have never ever wished for a screaming child in my lap until that very moment. Needless to say, the rest of the flight was interesting. I now can see how people get thrown off airplanes and get into brawls over no good reason.

Okay...I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Enjoy the photos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so rude! Let me know if you'd like to borrow one of my screaming children for your next flight.

Adoption Momma said...

Love the pictures and glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear about the rude person. Why does it take people like that to make the world go 'round?

Amy said...

I just realized there was a country song attached to the first version of this slide...I have no idea how that happened. It's gone now.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com