Monday, December 08, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Another week, another menu. I'll be going out of town (again!) this week so it's a short menu. Likely, Joe will eat pizza every single day while I'm gone and I'm not even kidding.

Monday: Zesty Italian Casserole
Tuesday: chicken and dumplings
Wednesday: tikka masala

Zesty Italian Casserole
1 lb lean ground beef
1 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. parmeasan grated cheese
1 clove crushed garlic
1/4 chopped onion
6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (8 oz) can crescent rolls
2 T. melted butter

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet brown beef, onion and garlic; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and heat thoroughly. In medium bow, stir together mozzarella cheese and sour cream. Pour meat mixture into a 2 qt. baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture over meat. Unroll crescent roll dough and spread over cheese mixture. Sprinkle parmeasan cheese and butter evenly on top. Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

6 comments:

my3sons said...

This sounds delicious! I'm going to put it on my menu for this week too!!!

Amy said...

The verdict is in...the casserole was a huge success!

The Lowery Spawn said...

How important is the sour cream? Could I substitute ricotta cheese or do you need the texture of the sour cream?

Amy said...

Rach, do you have an aversion to sour cream? I really liked the flavor with the cheese but you can probably try it with ricotta and be okay.

Rach said...

Normally I do...but I will eat it if it's mixed with other stuff...I just really really like ricotta cheese. :)

Tiffany said...

This looks great. I am going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

By the way, it was good seeing you yesterday!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com