Friday, December 12, 2008

Mom update

We had to be at the hospital early this morning for mom's surgery. After they got started, we made the decision to have all of her thyroid removed instead of half; the masses were pretty large. And in retrospect, we made a good decision. They suspect she'll be here for two nights. It was so comforting to have many friends check in on me and to see familiar faces. Also comforting were my friends who work at the hospital, especially those from church. Makes you feel good to know the people who will be helping to take care of someone you love. Thanks for all the text messages, calls, prayers and thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your mom made it thru surgery ok. I will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing well, Amy. You and your mom are in my prayers!

Susan said...

Glad to hear everything went well. Keep us posted and tell her I'm thinking of her.

Sandi said...

Amy, if you happen to still be in town, I'd love to see you. I'm glad that things went well.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com